MA Fashion Communication
These undergraduate programmemes are designed for participants looking to enter the design world, and provide a complete education allowing participants to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the chosen field.
2 years (full-time)
Any degree from the
UGC Recognised university
Degree Issuing Authority
Master the art of storytelling in the fashion context. Learn visual communication, styling, photography, graphic design, and branding to create compelling stories that resonate with target audiences. Explore the evolution of fashion media, analyze trends, and develop effective communication strategies for all aspects of the fashion industry.
Our comprehensive curriculum offers a unique opportunity to attain a master's degree in fashion communication, presenting you with the flexibility to broaden your knowledge base or specialize in a particular area of interest.
In the fast-paced fashion industry, effective marketing and communication play pivotal roles in sustaining public interest and seamlessly integrating fashion with broader aspects of society. By enrolling in this intriguing programme, you will gain the necessary skills to thrive in this dynamic landscape and make a lasting impact on the world of fashion.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of the design process and essential tools required to develop innovative products and services within the realm of the Business of Interiors, fostering creativity and practicality.
- Equip students with proficient knowledge and cutting-edge skills to effectively engage with both established and emerging technologies in the dynamic field of interior design, promoting adaptability and technological expertise.
- Encourage students to delve deeply into the core aspects of design, materials, space planning, lighting, and acoustics, cultivating expertise in these critical areas and fostering a holistic approach to interior design.
- Provide rigorous training in research methods specific to design and sustainability, preparing students to conduct in-depth investigations, which will culminate in a comprehensive and insightful final thesis.
- Facilitate real-life exposure for students through engaging site visits, hands-on research projects, immersive store and factory visits, and meaningful external projects, nurturing practical skills and industry awareness.
Upon successful completion of the MSc. in Interior Design, students will demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Proficiently design, plan, and execute functional spaces and landscapes to meet the needs and preferences of clients, incorporating principles of aesthetics and functionality.
- Apply sustainable practices in the interior and architectural environment, considering environmental impact, resource conservation, and ethical considerations.
- Develop and offer innovative design and business services in the field of interiors, integrating creativity with a sound understanding of market demands and client requirements.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the interior design business, including material sourcing, CAD designing, visual merchandising, and effective management practices.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to initiate and effectively manage an interior design services business, including aspects of finance, marketing, and client management.
- Cultivate entrepreneurial abilities and a confident mindset, empowering students to lead their interior design careers with adaptability to technological advancements and industry trends.
- Case Studies – Gauges students’ ability to adopt research methods to analyse gaps in the market and come up with credible solutions.
- Industrial Visits– Teaches students industry trends and requirements.
- Self-Study– Independent exploration of subjects to support classroom learnings.
- Classroom Lectures– These lectures provide vital information to the students.
- Seminars– Encourages students to debate and argue.
- Studio / Workshop / Laboratory / Practical Sessions– Help students develop creative and practical abilities by simulating the industry.
- Demonstrative– Utilised for required technical subjects.
- Group Work– Encourages students to work as a team and understand the intricacies of working in a team.
- Internal Assessments– Provides an evaluation of students’ learning progression during the entire length of the course.
- Projects– In-class and independent research projects undertaken to demonstrate students’ depth of understanding of the subject.
- Semester Examinations– Time-based formal assessments to test students' understanding of the subject.
- Presentations– Used in a few subjects to demonstrate communication skills, professionalism, critical thinking and support findings.
- Portfolio Assessment– Exhibits learning from the concept stage to execution.
- Fashion History
- Design Thinking
- Communication Design
- Research Methodology
- Consumer Behaviour
- Graphic Tools - I
- Journalism - I
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Law
- Graphic Tools - II
- Styling - I
- Journalism - II
- Visual Merchandising
- Communication Skills & Creative Writing
- Styling - II
- Graphic Tools - III
- Media Buying & Planning
- Editorial Content Management
- Digital Media Marketing
- Management Practices
- Graphic Tools - IV
- JD Design Award
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion illustrator
- Graphic Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Editor
- Fashion Writer
- Fashion Curator
- Visual Director
- Brand Spokesperson
Q: What is MA in Fashion Communication
A: This programme bridges fashion and media, teaching skills in PR, styling, digital marketing, fashion journalism, and visual merchandising.
Q: What are the course
A: The full-time course is from 9:30am to 4:30pm.
Q: What subjects will I
A: You will explore fashion branding, communication strategies, media production, trend analysis, and visual storytelling.
Q: Are placements offered?
A: Yes, the programme often provides industry internships and connections.
Q: How important are industry
A: Industry visits offer insights into real-world fashion communication practices and trends.
Q: Why choose MA in Fashion
A: If you are fascinated by the fusion of fashion and media, this programme equips you with skills to communicate fashion narratives effectively.
Q: What are JD Design
A: JD Design Awards showcases student creativity and achievements, offering recognition within the design industry.
Q: Is the MA in Fashion Communication
A: Certainly, it prepares you for dynamic roles in fashion communication and related fields.
Q: What is the infrastructure
of JD School of Design?
A: The programme provides modern resources and studios for an immersive learning experience.
Q: Does JD School of Design offer
scholarships and fee
A: Yes, JD School of Design offers a variety of scholarships and fee concessions to help students access education. For more information click here.